Are you looking to eat better and strengthen your immune system? Good food is key to good health! Healthy Go-To Soup Recipes.
We all need that warm comfort every soup can give us. Before we start our meal, we indulge in the delight and tastefulness the soup brings. We will share three of our go-to soups that are easy to prepare but are guaranteed to be delectable and comforting.
Healthy Go-To Soup Recipes
So, here are some great healthy go-to soup recipes that are easy to make, taste wonderful, and are actually good for you!
Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Cumin
- One medium head cauliflower (halved, cored, and cut into 1 ½ inch florets)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ cup sunflower or rapeseed oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 cup diced onion (small)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- One bay leaf
- 4 cups of water
- ¼ cup whole milk
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet. Mix the cumin seeds, curry powder, and 3 tbsp of oil, then toss the cauliflower.
3. Season with pepper and roast for 25 minutes. Turn occasionally until cauliflower is just tender.
4. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a saucepan.
5. Add onion and cook under moderate heat. Cook for 5 minutes until onions are softened but not browned.
6. Add the roasted cauliflower, butter, bay leaf, and water. Bring to simmer.
7. Cook over moderate heat until liquid is reduced and cauliflower is very soft.
8. Using a blender, puree the soup in two batches until very soft.
9. Return the soup to the saucepan and add the milk.
10. Rewarm using moderate heat and add water until the thinner consistency is achieved.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Basque Garlic Soup
Basque Garlic Soup
- 4 ounces high-quality baguette
- ½ cup olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp of smoked Spanish paprika
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Three large eggs (beaten)
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. On the baking sheet, place the baguette and toast until very browned and almost burned.
3. Remove from the oven and slice into 2-inch pieces.
4. In a large pot, heat 7 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat.
5. Add the bread pieces and reduce heat to medium.
5. Cook for about 2 minutes, occasionally turning the bread to allow the oil to soak up.
6. Remove bread and set aside. Clean the pot.
7. In a medium to high heat, add the garlic and the remaining 1 tbsp oil. Stir constantly for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the garlic is golden brown
8. Add the Spanish paprika, broth, and salt.
9. Bring to boil.
10. Add the bread to the pot. Reduce heat to medium-low. And simmer. Add vinegar. Stir occasionally for 25 minutes and serve.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Four large leeks (halved lengthwise and cut into ½ -inch-thick half-moons)
- Four large celery stalks (chopped)
- Six large potatoes (peeled, cut lengthwise, and cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 7 cups of water
- 2 tbsp and 1 tsp jarred chicken stock base
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Chopped chives and crushed potato for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, add olive oil and melt the butter.
2. And leeks and cook for 5 to 8 minutes – occasionally stirring until soft.
3. Add celery and cook for 8 minutes – occasionally stirring until tender and color is deeply saturated.
4. Add potatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, reduce heat to low and cook until potatoes are coated in shiny, milky starch.
5. Add 7 cups of water and the chicken stock base. Bring to boil over high heat.
6. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender and the vegetables are softened.
7. Remove from heat and set aside 2 cups of cooking stock (liquid only) and place it in a small bowl.
8. Let the remaining soup stand-in at room temperature for 30 minutes.
9. Add milk, cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg into the soup.
10. Stir in reserved stock until desired consistency is achieved. You can use a potato masher to mash some of the soup or if you want to process in batches.
11. Divide the soup evenly into eight bowls and garnish with celery leaves, chives, and crushed potato chips.
Soup lovers, unite! You can add these to your favorite recipe list and maybe try these to this week’s meals! Share and enjoy your soup!
Healthy Go-To Soup Recipes
We hope these soup recipes gave you an idea on what to make next when you want a great tasting meal that is actually good for you! Do you have a great recipe that you want to share with our community? Please contact us and we would love to publish it!
Learn more about NYC by visit our website often.